CMA Recruitment Group is working in partnership with a large international business on the outskirts of Southampton, Hampshire, to recruit an Accounts Payable Manager to cover a period of long term leave. Looking after a team of 6, the Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for the timely processing of 55,000 invoices per year, payment runs and KPI reporting.
What will the role involve?
- Lead and motivate the accounts payable team including interim and annual appraisals
- Ensure efficient and effective processing of vendor invoices into the ERP system and that reported creditor balances are accurate and reconciled as appropriate to vendor statements
- Ensure that employee expenses (including centrally billed items) are processed timely, accurately and in accordance with company policies or guidelines
- Own and be accountable for the output and quality of services provided by the accounts payable team to key customers (including but not limited to, vendors, employees, management and regulatory bodies)
- Ensure that period end close requirements are completed accurately and in accordance with the agreed close timelines
- Measure and report accounts payable performance through metrics and key performance indicators
- Ensure that payment of invoices and employee expenses are paid in accordance with agreed payment terms and company cash management principles
- Prepare and complete reporting to comply with the UK statutory legislation relating to payment performance
- Ensure that, where applicable, local tax and statutory legislation is adhered to.
- Extensive experience in accounts payable supervision/management
- Proven people management track record (minimum of a team of 5)
- Upper-intermediate Excel skills (V look ups/pivot tables)
- Positive, proactive and process focused.
Additional benefits and information:
- 25 days annual leave
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Flexible working, free parking and lifestyle discounts.
CMA Recruitment Group is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. CMA complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that CMA may contact you in connection with your application in relation to CMA providing you with work finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. If you haven't heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.