CMA Recruitment Group is working closely with well known services business, for the recruitment of an Assistant Accountant to join their fast paced finance business, located on the outskirts of Portsmouth, Hampshire.
The role has arisen due to organic business growth and will be working closely with the Finance Manager, based in small finance team.
What will the role involve?
- Completion of bank reconciliations and timely and accurate reconciliation of the balance sheet;
- Completion of intercompany/ related reconciliations for month end;
- Maintain and develop cash flow process and ensure cash flow forecast information is kept up to date;
- Oversee the accounts receivable function and production of manual sales invoices/ credit notes when required;
- Verification of month end/ quarter end/ yearend sales ledger balances and other quarter end/year end schedules;
- Collect unbilled sales and resolve any related queries;
- Manage online banking facility and processing of all approved payments via online banking;
- Banking of any cash/ cheques with one other person from finance and management of the safe;
- Completion of monthly analysis of other income and expense;
- Completion of quarter end/ year end schedules in relation to related party balances.
- The ideal candidate will be educated to GCSE level and will studying towards the AAT qualification (or equivalent);
- Will possess multiple bank reconciliation experience gained from a medium to large business;
- Will possess experience of working towards strict deadlines and achieving KPI's;
- Proficient in Excel to v look up/ pivot table/ formulae level;
- Will possess good general accounting knowledge.
Additional benefits and information:
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays;
- Onsite parking;
- Pension scheme.
CMA Recruitment Group is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. CMA complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that CMA may contact you in connection with your application in relation to CMA providing you with work finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. If you haven't heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful