CMA Executive has been retained exclusively to recruit for an exciting CFO opportunity working for a privately owned fast growing property company with a strong track record. Based on the South Coast my client is a well-established and expanding business who has exciting plans for the medium to long-term.
Involved predominantly in commercial development schemes with an existing portfolio of assets, they are well positioned for significant growth. The new CFO will be responsible for ensuring that the back office functions and systems are robust and efficient, to support their ambitious growth targets. The CFO will have the autonomy to develop funding plans, financial reporting and project analysis required to drive the business growth.
Reporting to the CEO and an active member of the Board key responsibilities will include:
• Leading and developing a technically strong, thorough and forward thinking finance team
• Evaluating and advising on the impact of long-term development plans
• Developing and driving the strategic growth plans for the business
• Delivering a long-term funding strategy
• Providing a tax efficient structure to support the shareholder's objectives
• Improving systems and developing systems to create efficiencies
• Establishing and negotiating equity joint ventures as an alternative to debt financing
• Monitoring performance of development and refurbishment projects against budget
• Ensuring compliance with all statutory obligations and effective internal controls are in place
• Advising and supporting the Board's key decisions
• Liaising with third party advisors
The successful candidate will be a driven and ambitious qualified Accountant (ACA/ACA) with an established track record of achievement as a Finance Director or CFO and a background within the Financial Investment sector. Ideally you would have had prior involvement specifically in commercial real estate investment but this is not a prerequisite. You will be accustomed to analysing investment cash flows and evaluating risk/return and have a good understanding of UK tax. With a decisive personal leadership style and the ability to influence you will be adept at building consensus based on a high-level of integrity and results orientation. Possessing humility and strong communication skills and a passion for people development, you will have a proven ability to build high performing teams. Can-do and charismatic, you will thrive under pressure and have the ability to work at pace whilst managing multiple projects with conflicting deadlines. To discuss your suitability for this role in confidence and to find out more please contact Ruth Snell on 02392 480524 or email email@example.com
CMA Recruitment Group is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. CMA complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that CMA may contact you in connection with your application in relation to CMA providing you with work finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. If you haven't heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.