Accountancy & Finance
CMA Recruitment Group is delighted to be working in partnership with a highly established charitable organisation in Southampton, Hampshire, to appoint a Finance Manager with a hands-on and proactive approach. The successful incumbent will become an influential member of the management team during a period of significant change and opportunity for the charity.
• Lead on the day to day finance activities for the trust, including the month-end/quarter-end cycle.
• Prepare analysis on actual versus forecast/budget and provide appropriate variance analysis.
• Develop and maintain adequate controls to ensure the integrity and accuracy of all financial data.
• Manage the daily cashflow, actively seeking solutions to short term cash requirements.
• Produce MI on a timely basis as required by both internal and external stakeholders.
• Liaise with external auditors around year-end and maintain relationships during the year.
• Manage overseas tax requirements.
• Lead on the preparation and development of the annual budget.
• Organise payroll and pensions for all salaried staff and reliefs.
• Lead on continuous improvement within the finance function, identifying, developing and implementing efficient and effective ways of working.
• Manage and develop 1 direct report.
• Ad hoc duties and projects as required.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, applicants must be fully qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) or nearing qualification, with a proven track record of managing the finance function of a small to medium size business. The ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders at all levels is essential, whilst being willing to remain hands-on within a small team. Furthermore, upper intermediate Excel skills are required for this vacancy.
CMA Recruitment Group is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. CMA complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that CMA may contact you in connection with your application in relation to CMA providing you with work finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. If you haven't heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.