CMA is delighted to be engaged in securing a new Finance Director for a successful privately owned business, looking to accomplish a number of improvement projects within finance. Based within central Southampton, this assignment will be a minimum of six months with the potential of this becoming a long term arrangement.
This well-established property and investments portfolio, overseen by a lean management team is now looking for assistance in upgrading the finance function and future proofing the organisation. We are searching for a pro-active and solutions minded Finance Director who has proven experience in implementing systems, mapping and updating processes and procedures and structuring finance.
What will the role involve?
- Understand and develop the corporate structure, to best manage a complex and multi entity organisation.
- Internally develop and recruit team members to ensure accurate and timely financial management is produced for all company activities.
- Improve and upgrade accounting systems and implement best practice procedures.
- Ensure robust financial controls are introduced to mitigate company risk and maximise investment potential.
- Improve credit control procedures and manage cash flow affectively.
- Complete a number of personal and corporate Tax filings and work with external advisors.
- This is an opportunity that is suited to someone who is practical and prepared to lead from the front. Albeit and strategic and senior role, all the management team and extremely 'hands on' and undertake active positions.
- The business is now a significant scale through nearly two decades of positive organic growth, in addition to acquisitions and commercial optimism. A positive attitude to change and the opportunity to develop a new framework must be complicated with a diligent attitude and inclusive outlook.
- You will be a fully qualified accountant with experience from previous roles of updating and improving finance independently. Ideally within structures where you have primarily partnered with non-finance personnel.
- Experience with complex Tax matters and experience from with the Property and Construction industry will be considered highly preferential.
- Candidates who are most comfortable working within a non-corporate environment, with close friendly teams, will be best suited to this position.
Additional benefits and information:
- This is a minimum six-month assignment, with plenty of potential to create a long term position for the right individual.
- As an owner managed organisation and as a senior member within that structure, there is a good level of flexibility in working routines.
- You will work directly with the business owners and be given a level of autonomy that should make creating solutions an enjoyable project.
CMA Recruitment Group is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. CMA complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that CMA may contact you in connection with your application in relation to CMA providing you with work finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. CMA is currently receiving a high volume of applications. Whilst we ensure all applications are considered, regrettably, it may not be possible to respond individually to all applications received.