Business Services Group based on the outskirts of Portsmouth, Hampshire have a requirement for an experienced Finance Manager to undertake a 12 month fixed term contract as a result of an internal secondment.
What will the role involve?
- Reporting to the Divisional Financial Controller the main responsibilities of the position will include preparation of monthly and annual accounts including management of the budgeting process and monthly reforecasts;
- Liaising with key stakeholders to review business performance and make recommendations on increasing margin and operational profit;
- Day to day management of a team of 5 including mentoring and undertaking monthly reviews;
- Ad hoc project work as and when required including assisting with new business proposals and client contract reviews.
- This is an opportunity to include the key skillset and behaviours that applicants should possess;
- It should be particular enough to generate the right calibre of applications, but general enough to maintain confidentiality about the role and entice candidates who are suitable but perhaps not totally matched to the job spec. Again, making the skill set aspirational.
Additional benefits and information:
- Applicants for the position will hold a full accountancy qualification with a proven track record of working within a similar position in a large, complex business;
- Excellent communication and technical skills will be essential to undertake the role successfully as will a demonstrable strong commercial acumen;
- The earliest the client can on board the successful applicant will be June but will be equally open to candidates on longer notice periods.
Please note that although CMA are actively reviewing applications for this role, given the current situation the client recruitment process may take longer than usual.
CMA Recruitment Group is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. CMA complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that CMA may contact you in connection with your application in relation to CMA providing you with work finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. If you haven't heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.