CMA Recruitment Group are exclusively representing a fast growing, highly regarded services business in Eastleigh with their search for a Senior Management Accountant. This role is a newly created permanent position and will act as a senior within the accounting team.
What will the role involve?
- Manage and develop the month end close process;
- Produce accurate and timely reporting on a monthly basis;
- Ensure accurate representation of monthly P&L performance, posting all required ledger entries, reviewing the ledger to understand costs and supporting your transactions with appropriate reconciliation;
- Ensure the legal view and management views are correctly reported against the relevant accounting standards;
- Provide financial guidance and commercial challenges to the Operational management team;
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships across the business to influence financial performance;
- Deliver monthly scheduled and ad-hoc reporting to tight deadlines;
- Work with finance, operational and transformation teams to streamlining existing processes, designing new reports and processes where necessary;
- Help to identify requirements for change controls, working with the commercial and service teams to take account of changes to baseline;
- Manage a team of 2 reports.
- Qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA);
- Prior experience of managing the close process within a large organisation, or subsidiary of a large organisation;
- Able to use initiative (and advice of others) to identify new solutions;
- Ability to manage own workload and priorities effectively;
- Ability to influence decision making process through clear presentation of financials;
- Solid Excel skills including VLookup and Pivot Tables;
Additional benefits and information:
- This role will be eligible for an annual bonus of up to 15% of the annual salary;
- Working from home is possible and will be encouraged initially due to the social distancing rules;
- 25 days' annual leave.
Please note that although CMA are actively reviewing applications for this role, given the current situation the client recruitment process may take longer than usual.
CMA Recruitment Group is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. CMA complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that CMA may contact you in connection with your application in relation to CMA providing you with work finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. If you haven't heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.